2024 ElectionPolitics

Judge rejects Trump’s initial request to delay trial of documents until after 2024 election

[ad_1]

Former President Donald Trump’s trial for his alleged mishandling of classified documents will not be delayed beyond the 2024 presidential election, according to a new ruling by Judge Aileen Cannon.

Trump previously requested that the trial be postponed beyond Nov. 5, 2024, Election Day, to give his lawyers more time to review the evidence. Trump, the current front-runner for the Republican nomination, has led President Joe Biden in several recent polls in key states.

The trial of Trump, accused of misappropriating confidential classified documents, will begin on May 20, 2024. audience scheduling is scheduled for March 1, and Cannon could postpone the start of the trial on that date.

“President Trump is fighting corrupt Joe Biden, deranged Jack Smith, and radical Democrats as a whole on multiple fronts. We look forward to the conference scheduled by Judge Cannon for next March, where future scheduling issues will be discussed, including a possible trial date. The Biden Administration’s concerted effort to deny President Trump’s constitutional rights to prepare for trial reveals its corrupt motives. “It is clearly in Justice’s best interest that President Trump be given adequate time to prepare and file motions as he works to defeat these deceptions and return to the White House,” Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung said in a statement. in response to Cannon’s Decision.

Trump’s lawyers previously argued that his team had not been given enough access to review evidence in a filing filed in early October asking to postpone the trial’s start date. The trial will take place in Fort Pierce, Florida.

“The Office of Special Counsel’s demands must give way to the constitutional rights of defendants and the interests of judicial economics,” said a filing by attorneys Christopher Kise and Todd Blanche. Trump’s team also said not enough accommodations had been made for them and the president to see the evidence.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE DAILY WIRE APP

Triumph is accused to store information on defense and weapons capabilities of both the United States and foreign countries; United States nuclear programs; potential vulnerabilities of the United States and its allies to military attack; and plans for possible retaliation in response to a foreign attack.

Mar-a-Lago resort property manager Carlos De Oliveira and Trump aide Walt Nauta also face charges stemming from the document investigation. All three have pleaded not guilty.

The document trial is just one of the legal problems facing Trump, with cases coming up in New York, Washington, D.C., and Georgia.

[ad_2]

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button